Opioids are a class of drugs that originate from poppies or through chemicals. They include the illegal sources like heroin as well as prescriptions like Percocet and morphine. The effects are both physical and psychological or a combination.
Often starting with legitimate prescriptions for pain relief, it can become addictive and is easily hidden. Watch for:
- Running out of prescription painkillers ahead of schedule and having to visit the doctor frequently for refills
- Having a desire to quit and making several unsuccessful attempts to do so
- Going to see multiple doctors in order to get more than one prescription
- Stealing prescription painkillers from other people
- Feeling sick, depressed or irritable when there is not easy access to opioids
- Spending so much time, energy and money to obtain and use opioids that relationships with loved ones take a back seat.
- Buying them off the street
If these indicators fit you or a loved one, consider Ottawa Maberly Rehabilitation Addiction Residence. We offer a supportive and positive atmosphere with concerned professionals. Using a holistic approach we offer a goal of long-term recovery that incorporates spiritual, social, and cultural norms specific to the individual client.
Ottawa Maberly Addiction Rehabilitation Residence is an 8-bedroom residential addiction treatment facility for adults, specializing in chronic relapse cases.
305 Maberly Elphin Rd.
Staff on site 24/7: 613-200-HELP (4357)