Methadone is a viable treatment option to combat opioid addictions. However, oftentimes this leads to a new dependence on methadone. Ontario has recorded a significant increase in methadone users and a considerable relapse rate.
If you or a loved one is experiencing this situation, first realize that you are not alone. Second, allow Ottawa Maberly Rehabilitation Addiction Residence to help you through this difficult period.
There are some signs that indicate a methadone addiction:
- Use of methadone along with other prescription drugs and/or alcohol
- Using methadone in larger doses than prescribed
- Attempts to get more prescriptions from doctors or other sources
- Skipping doses in order to take more at one time for a greater high
- Withdrawal or neglect of other responsibilities due to preoccupation with methadone
There is an alternative to abstinence treatment. At OMARR we can offer effective approaches to withdrawal from opioid replacements. We focus on the person, the whole person, and customize our programs in methods that will best benefit the individual client to regain control of his or her life.
Ottawa Maberly Addiction Rehabilitation Residence is an 8-bedroom residential addiction treatment facility for adults, specializing in chronic relapse cases.
305 Maberly Elphin Rd.
Staff on site 24/7: 613-200-HELP (4357)